Adarsha Vidyalaya Matia(AVM) is one among the 15 nos. of Adarsha Vidyalayas of Assam located in the block of Matia of Goalpara district of Assam. Adarsha Vidyalayas are popularly known as Model Schools of Assam which are operationalized under the Rashtriya Madhyamik Siksha Abhijan (RMSA), Assam, A Govt. of India Mission from 1st January/2015.
Modern teaching- learning materials as TAL, CAL are being used in teaching to provide quality education. The facilities include a Computer- Lab. , a well equipped Science- Lab, a good library enriched with quality books, magazines, Newspapers, etc. Apart from these, there is a beautiful school garden and a school field. In this ideal environment, the students get opportunities to explore out their knowledge. They also get opportunities to show their talent through various activities and competitions in District and State level .Thus providing the best platform to every student for exploring out his innate potentialities is our endeavour.
So far the school has the following facilities -
1. A well-equipped Science Laboratory having all the required kits for Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics and Biology.
2. A well-equipped Computer Laboratory in Thin client Server.
3. A Library with a good collection of Books.
4. Fresh, Safe and Pure Drinking water facility.
5. Three nos. of Smart Class Rooms.
6. Wall Magazine & Bulletin Board for showing the creativity of the students.
7. A playground for the students.
8. Art and Craft Rooms for showing students creativity.
9. Students Common Rooms for Boys & Girls.
10. School Magazine "SHRISTI".(1st & 2nd issue)
Educational Facilities :
Interactive Multimedia Boards have been installed in three class rooms (Smart Classes)
The Vidyalaya Library with over 1000 books.
Details of Classrooms: 32 rooms
Library :Library facility is available for students. Library has about one thousand books on various topics Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, History, Geography, Economics, Language books, Children section. Knowledge books like series of Encyclopedias, Multimedia, Magazines and Newspapers for all section of readers. The students are encouraged to make use of the library to update and enrich their knowledge.
Audio Visual Aids : Adarsha Vidyalaya Matia, Goalpara is equipped with state of the art technology. The main Audio Video Aids are
1. Computers with peripherals
3. Smart Class Rooms
4. Multimedia Interactive Boards
Details of Computer Lab:
1. No. of Computers –total 20 Computers are available for the students in a thin client server system with 1 Server Computer
2.Student Computer Ratio –80/20